Friday 7 February 2014

The Glossybox Wedding Box Review & Make-Up Look










The Glossybox limited edition wedding box has been out for well over a month now, and I've almost had it for the same amount of time. Just want to point out that I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED, I'm not even close to getting married. But it just looked too beautiful to resist and I desperately wanted to get my hands on it...so I did! This is the second limited edition box I have purchased, the one before this was the Christmas edition which was also rather delightful. This box is priced at £25, but you do get money off if you purchase more...which I think is a lovely idea if you actually are getting married and fancy buying these in bulk for your bridesmaids.  After getting to grips with the products for quite sometime I really do think that the ladies out there put off by the 'wedding' tag shouldn't be! It offers gorgeous products for the everyday and its really great value for the monies too. (Worth a stupendous £99!!!) If you like what you see this box is still currently available to buy online.

Before I even go into how well this product works I want to just praise how gorgeous the design of it is. I think there is nothing worse than paying a pretty penny for a product when the quality and design of its packaging is a little naff. (Ya hearing me Dermalogica.) I love seeing this on my bathroom shelf and can't get enough of using it either. As exfoliants go this one is super soft, and the milky consistency makes it easy to apply. In the photos above I have applied it to damp skin, gently massaged and then rinsed it off in the shower. It gave me the perfect base on which to apply my moisturizer and primer. From here I applied foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer and styled my eyebrows, which you can see in photograph 4!

 This is by far my favourite product from the box. In fact its the best illuminator I have ever come across. Although its fairly pricey I would highly recommend, I will get use out of it for donkeys and I will 100% repurchase once I have used it all up.  The amount of shimmer in the product is just right, you can apply a little or a lot and either way your going to come up trumps with beautiful results. In  the photographs I have dabbed a little on my cheekbones and just under my eyebrows, it gives a glorious shimmer and glides on like a dream. Perfect for a bride!

Holy potatoes I literally can't get over the price of this product. Although the shade and the quality of the lipstick is pretty, mine has fallen apart after a couple uses. Boo. Still, the deep dusky rose colour is super appealing too me, and although its already moisturizing, the lipgloss on the opposite end compliments the lipstick with a subtle shimmer and shine. Just a shame there is so little of the gloss, I will definitely be running out before all of the lipstick has been used up! But this is great for a bride...a lippy and a lipstick in one is easily concealed! 

At first I was so confused by this palette, the eye shadows are all entirely matte....which to me makes no sense as I assumed every bride would be wishing for a little shimmer on her big day! But I have given this palette a fair few goes, and although I initially hated it and was crying get this off my face, I have found you can actually achieve a really great and subtle smokey eye. The palette includes a primer, I tried this once and it barely made any difference, so I have avoided it since! For the make-up look here I have applied the bottom left nude shade to the whole lid all the way up to the eye socket, I then used the taupe bottom far right shade across the central part of my eye lid, and for definition I used a combination of the brown and black shades which is blended from the outer lid to the centre. I also found that the white shadow and the pale grey shadow look lovely when applied to the lower lash line. You can make your look as subtle or as strong as you like, I have kept mine fairly low key just because the lip colour is so deep. 

This product does completely NOT what it says on the tin. It took me forever to get any sort of volume or definition, and once I did create a little the formulation is so wet it ends up all down your face. Not ideal for any type of tears whether through wedding day emotions, chopping onions, or a sweat off at the gym, its just the worst mascara ever and invincible to nothing. I did use it in the photographs above which is why I look as if I have barely no eyelashes, perfect though if you prefer the natural look of lashes! But this just isn't a product for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment