Tuesday 25 February 2014

Red, Nude & Lace









So technically this post isn't really relevant until mid June (Graduation!!) But I'm just too in love with this dress to not share it with the population because it is beautifulllll and may be the most gorgeous thing to ever grace the doors of my wardrobe. It was welcomed into my life last week, but I first spotted it in the windows of the Phase Eight store in Guildford a few weekends ago. 
Despite having been determined to visit Guildford for nothing but holiday planning at Sta Travel I couldn't resist trying it on, and the lovely lady in the store promptly made sure I was in it and in love in under 30 seconds I swear. Now the dress is made up of two layers, and the only issue I had was the nude layer seemed a little baggy around my middle and my bottom, but because I didn't expect to be making any commitments to a graduation dress so early on I couldn't be bothered to try another size on.
Then as fate would have it I visited home last weekend and went shopping with my mum, and I came across the dress again in Debenhams. I tried it on this time in two size...a ten and a twelve. Generally I run at a size twelve but I felt the size ten flattered and fitted me much better. I could have kissed the fitting room attendant when he agreed with me, because I had been having an age old argument with my mum over the sizing. 
After settling that I could have bought the dress there and then, but because I had taken it on and off over 50 times I decided to order it online so I could have a lovely fresh boxed dress to keep safe for graduation day. The shade of red in this dress is divine, as well as the fit and detailing of the lace...but it could have really benefited from a zip. And I really do feel for all those girls out there that are going to leave distinct foundation face prints on the fabric because they don't have a friend or mother to help fish them out of it.
Phase Eight are a brand I have never really taken any notice of beforehand, I think there target customer probably runs a little older than me, but for occasions I think they offer some stunning and high quality pieces.


My heels are also new and strictly out of bounds until graduation, boo! They are the perfect shade of neutral for the dress but NOT my sickeningly pale legs. Hopefully I will have a bit of a bronze glow by then and the blend of paleness won't be so unflattering.  Depending on your heel budget you might think these are a little pricey, but they feel heavenly on the foot and are a wardrobe staple. The shape is classic and I am loving the brushed leather, super soft and pretty! They are also a lovely height, I'm already on the tall side so cripplingly tall heels at a graduation would just be awkward. These heels come in a variety of different colour options so if ya likey like I really recommend the investment! 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment