Saturday 22 February 2014

A Little Liz Earle





The past couple months my eyes in the morning have been driving me insane, they are itchy, sticky and just haven't been the ideal canvas for applying make-up. I'm not sure why this is, I haven't been removing my make-up differently, I just think early winter mornings have made the department of gooeyness in my eyeballs extra productive. So after being completely over fishing out crusty bits and making them water even more I thought enough is enough! And got my hands on the Liz Earle soothing eye lotion which sounded the ideal solution to my problemo, after using for several weeks now I have not been disappointed!

I can't quite remember where I first heard about this product, but I already have a soft spot for Liz Earle after being introduced to the infamous hot cloth cleanser! So after sourcing on the website I purchased straight away. Bear in mind that if your going to do this you have to pay p+p, don't be put off by the £3.75 charge for 5 -7 day delivery option...I had a bit of a sour face at this because I was like whoah pricey, but the order arrived after like two days hurrahh. The package was a whole loads better than your standard cosmetic product delivery, you receive not only the product ordered but a whole host of minty green information delights. I get that its only information on the brand, but they do it so beautifully you actually wanna give it all a read. I also received a fairly decent sized sample of the hot cloth cleanser I mentioned a little earlier, I used this a couple years back and as much as I liked it I wasn't convinced it was enough for my oily skin. Still, if you haven't heard of the hot cloth cleanser and are a little intrigued go and have a google, there are gazillions of reviews out there. 

When I first went to use the soothing eye lotion I was a little thrown by the fact that it isn't even a lotion?! For me if your gonna call something a lotion its going to be creamy and thick, but this is the opposite, its more of a watery solution. As I have used this more I've become grateful of that, I don't really fancy sticking anymore gunk in my eyeballs than whats there already. I keep this on my bedside table and its applied to cotton pads and glued to my eyeballs the moment my alarm goes off.  It chills my eyes, removes all that gritty gunk and soothes those dreaded puffy eye bags! I've also developed a weird habit of using it over my lips as well, the combination of witch hazel, aloe vera and cornflower is just super refreshing in the morning I can't help myself ! I loovvee this product and have quite happily given it a spot in my daily beauty routine. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment