Friday 21 February 2014

A Little Late for Valentines








Although Valentines Day is pretty much a distant memory to most I am determined to get this post out there! I actually had a Valentines post going on weeks ago, but couldn't post it because my boys gifts didn't turn up in Afghan for about a year, so I have had to have a bit of a shiffle shaffle with how I do this one but at least it is finally gonna be out there in the blogosphere. 

I wanna begin with saying that I LOVE Valentines Day, it really riles me when I hear all the moaning drivel about consumerism, corporations and romantic gestures being unnecessary if you are all that in love. Personally I think there is nothing cuter than a day existing to officially celebrate love, because we all have it in our lives one way or another and a bit of valentines cheer can easily make a person feel all squishy inside. Which is ideal if you no longer believe in Father Christmas. I worked the evening before Valentines day and sold countless bouquets...although mildly depressing at times it was generally very comforting to see so much romance, and it got me so in the mood for the day itself.

The morning of Valentines was spent giving the house a reet good spruce up. I live with six others and most of the time it is pretty disgusting. Doing this meant I had given myself the perfect environment to bake!! I had known for ages that the black forest meringue pictured above was going to be dish of the day, and surprisingly it turned out pretty decent to say I hadn't had any prior practice and a crappy history with meringue making. Saying that, the photograph doesn't show the carnage that took place an hour later when the topping decided to just spread everywhere. I plan on making these in mini form next. Possibly a more in-depth blog post opportunity there but in case I don't get round to it you can find the recipe here.

I was expecting my valentines to be a pretty much female affair, but I did have a gorgeous bouquet of roses arrive mid way through the day which I was very very happy about. Later on in the evening I had some of my gorgeous friends round for cocktails before we headed out into town. I'm going to try and make last Friday my last night out before final deadlines. Gone are the days where I could be productive on a hangover, I'm not sure I ever had them to begin with. Hope everybody out there had lovely Valentines!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment